Businesses with 19 or fewer employees will have to report under STP rules from 1 July 2019. Businesses with 20 or more employees began reporting from 1 July 2018.
|The following instructions will guide you through how to perform an Automated STP replacement from ClockOn, using the STP Wizard. registration form here... STP Packages by clicking here... |
- Payroll Submission – This option is used the majority of the time for sending data to the ATO once a payroll has been finalised. Select the payroll to submit and all employees associated with that payroll, that have a valid payslip, will have their YTD values transmitted to the ATO. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – This option is only to be used if there is an issue or error with the data contained in a previously sent payroll submission. It allows the users to select the payroll affected and resubmit the data once it has been corrected.
- Employee Update – This option is used to transfer the latest employee YTD values to the ATO when there are changes made outside of payroll. Minor changes or corrections to be payroll do not have to be sent via this option, they can be sent using the normal payroll submission when the next payroll is completed. This option allows users to update the employee data outside of payroll in preparation of EOFY.
A payroll replacement is used if a payroll submission is showing an error in the message centre. Prior to running the payroll replacement, you will need to identify the issues with the payroll submission, correct them and then run the payroll replacement. If the issue is unknown and cannot be resolved then please contact ClockOn support.
Payroll replacement is NOT used for fixing up errors in the payroll, like backpay or an incorrectly paying someone. For this, it is recommended that you make these changes in ClockOn and then in the next pay period when you run the payroll submission those changes will be updated.
NOTE: the Errors in this screenshot are from our compliance testing.
Submitting a payroll replacement through the STP Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Payroll Replacement’.
- Select the payroll that was processed in error and press Next.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then send the data to our gateway provider to then send to the ATO. Logging information will be displayed, if there are errors or warnings, then please call ClockOn support, otherwise, it should complete successfully.
- There will be a pop up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes.
- The final screen will advise you that the payroll submission has been transferred through ClockOn’s gateway provider. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
- The data has now been sent to the ATO.
Confirmation from the ATO of a successful replacement may take up to 3 days to be received. Using the ClockOn Message Centre you will be able to Monitor the Single Touch Payroll Messages