If you’re a business with 20 or more employees you will need to start reporting payroll information to the ATO, through Single Touch Payroll, from the 1st of July 2018. ClockOn, a Single Touch Payroll (STP) enabled payroll solution, has 3 Single Touch Payroll submission types to ensure that your business reports on the correct information to the ATO.
- Payroll Submission – Used to submit your payroll data once a payroll has been completed in ClockOn. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – Used to replace a submission that had an error when being submitted to the ATO.
- Employee Update – Used to update your employee information, typically when changes are made outside of payroll.
The following instructions will guide you through how to perform an Automated STP replacement from ClockOn, using the STP Wizard. For Automatic STP replacements you will need to contact ClockOn’s sales team, via firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4344 9444 and select sales to register and use ClockOn’s recommended gatway provider.
A payroll replacement is used if a payroll submission is showing an error in the message centre. Prior to running the payroll replacement, you will need to identify the issues with the payroll submission, correct them and then run the payroll replacement. If the issue is unknown and cannot be resolved then please contact ClockOn support.
Payroll replacement is NOT used for fixing up errors in the payroll, like backpay or an incorrectly paying someone. For this, it is recommended that you make these changes in ClockOn and then in the next pay period when you run the payroll submission those changes will be updated.
NOTE: the Errors in this screenshot are from our compliance testing.
Submitting a payroll replacement through the STP Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Payroll Replacement’.
- Select the payroll that was processed in error and press Next.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then send the data to our gateway provider to then send to the ATO. Logging information will be displayed, if there are errors or warnings, then please call ClockOn support, otherwise, it should complete successfully.
- There will be a pop up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes.
- The final screen will advise you that the payroll submission has been transferred through ClockOn’s gateway provider. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
- The data has now been sent to the ATO.
Confirmation from the ATO of a successful replacement may take up to 3 days to be received. Using the ClockOn Message Centre you will be able to Monitor the Single Touch Payroll Messages