Manual Payroll Replacement.
- Payroll Submission – This option is used the majority of the time for sending data to the ATO once a payroll has been finalised. Select the payroll to submit and all employees associated with that payroll, that have a valid payslip, will have their YTD values transmitted to the ATO. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – This option is only to be used if there is an issue or error with the data contained in a previously sent payroll submission. It allows the users to select the payroll affected and resubmit the data once it has been corrected.
- Employee Update – This option is used to transfer the latest employee YTD values to the ATO when there are changes made outside of payroll. Minor changes or corrections to be payroll do not have to be sent via this option, they can be sent using the normal payroll submission when the next payroll is completed. This option allows users to update the employee data outside of payroll in preparation of EOFY.
If you have chosen to use your own STP gateway provider to report on your payroll information then you will NOT have received any messages in the ClockOn Message Centre receive that there have been errors with your payroll submission. You will need to talk to your STP gateway provider in order find out if there were any errors and what the errors are with the submission so you can resolve them before you run a Payroll Replacement.
Payroll replacement is NOT used for fixing up errors in the payroll, like backpay or an incorrectly paying someone. For this, it is recommended that you make these changes in ClockOn and then in the next pay period when you run the payroll submission those changes will be updated.
Running a Payroll Replacement through the Single Touch Payroll Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Payroll Replacement’.
- Select the payroll that was processed in error and press Next.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then create the files required to lodge with your STP Gateway Provider.
- You will be prompted that you are about to perform a manual payroll submission. Click on Yes to continue
- There will be another pop up asking you to confirm validation. Click on Yes to continue
- The final screen will advise you that the submission is complete. In this case, as a manual submission, your data has not been submitted to the ATO, rather the files have been generated ready to be uploaded.
- Navigate to the above file location to access the files for each location. This will be in the STP folder of your ClockOn installations directory, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ClockOn\STP. In this folder, the files will be saved under the Location\date\Replace. you will need to work with your gateway provider on how they require these files.
- Back in ClockOn, press Finish to complete the wizard.