- Payroll Submission – This option is used the majority of the time for sending data to the ATO once a payroll has been finalised. Select the payroll to submit and all employees associated with that payroll, that have a valid payslip, will have their YTD values transmitted to the ATO. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – This option is only to be used if there is an issue or error with the data contained in a previously sent payroll submission. It allows the users to select the payroll affected and resubmit the data once it has been corrected.
- Employee Update – This option is used to transfer the latest employee YTD values to the ATO when there are changes made outside of payroll. Minor changes or corrections to be payroll do not have to be sent via this option, they can be sent using the normal payroll submission when the next payroll is completed. This option allows users to update the employee data outside of payroll in preparation of EOFY.
The employee updated option is used for submitting employee information when changes have been made outside of the normal payroll process, such as manual YTD changes. This option is generally reserved for when finalising the end of financial year reporting for PAYG summaries. Ticking the Final Payroll Indicator option notifies the ATO that this is the final payroll processed for the selected financial year.
Manual Employee Update.
If you are not signed up with ClockOn’s managed STP program you can still report to the ATO through Single Touch Payroll. The ClockOn software will help you to export the files you require provide an employee update and you can manually upload and monitor this submission with the gateway provider of your choice.
Running an employee update through the Single Touch Payroll Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Employee Update’.
- Select the correct ABN for the location that the employee/s work at.
- Select the current financial year. Previous years can be reported but the ATO will only allow older ones for a period of time.
- The final payroll indicator should only be required if the employees selected have no more payrolls to be processed for the selected financial year. Press Next to continue.
- Select any/or all employees that you wish to submit for updating but setting the ‘Include’ checkbox.
- Once selected then press the Next button.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then create the files required to lodge with your STP Gateway Provider.
- You will be prompted that you are about to perform a manual payroll submission. Click on Yes to continue
- There will be another pop up asking you to confirm validation. Click on Yes to continue
- The final screen will advise you that the submission is complete. In this case, as a manual submission, your data has not been submitted to the ATO, rather the files have been generated ready to be uploaded.
- Navigate to the above file location to access the files for each location. This will be in the STP folder of your ClockOn installations directory, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ClockOn\STP. In this folder, the files will be saved under the Location\date\Update. you will need to work with your gateway provider on how they require these files.
- Back in ClockOn, press Finish to complete the wizard.