If you’re a business with 20 or more employees you will need to start reporting payroll information to the ATO, through Single Touch Payroll (STP), from the 1st of July 2018. ClockOn, a STP enabled payroll solution, has 3 STP submission types to ensure that your business reports on the correct information to the ATO.
- Payroll Submission – Used to submit your payroll data once a payroll has been completed in ClockOn. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – Used to replace a submission that had an error when being submitted to the ATO.
- Employee Update – Used to update your employee information, typically when changes are made outside of payroll.
|The following instructions will guide you through how to use the STP Wizard for a Automatic STP payroll submissions. Running the latest build of ClockOn give you access to the STP wizard. For Automatic STP submissions you will need to contact ClockOn’s sales team, via firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4344 9444 and select sales to register and use ClockOn’s recommended gateway provider.|
The employee updated option is used for submitting employee information when changes have been made outside of the normal payroll process, such as manual YTD changes. This option is generally reserved for when finalising the end of financial year reporting for PAYG summaries. Ticking the Final Payroll Indicator option notifies the ATO that this is the final payroll processed for the selected financial year.
Running an employee update through the Single Touch Payroll Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Employee Update’.
- Select the correct ABN for the location that the employee/s work at.
- Select the current financial year. Previous years can be reported but the ATO will only allow older ones for a period of time.
- The final payroll indicator should only be required if the employees selected have no more payrolls to be processed for the selected financial year. Press Next to continue.
- Select any/or all employees that you wish to submit for updating but setting the ‘Include’ checkbox.
- Once selected then press the Next button.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then create the files required to lodge with your STP Gateway Provider.
- There will be a pop up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes.
- The final screen will advise you that the payroll submission has been transferred through ClockOn's gateway provider. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
- The data has now been sent to the ATO.
- Confirmation from the ATO of a successful employee update may take up to 3 days to be received. Using the ClockOn Message Centre you will be able to Monitor the Single Touch Payroll Messages.