Businesses with 19 or fewer employees will have to report under STP rules from 1 July 2019. Businesses with 20 or more employees began reporting from 1 July 2018.
|The following instructions will guide you through how to use the STP Wizard for a Automatic STP payroll submissions. Running the latest build of ClockOn give you access to the STP wizard. registration form here... STP Packages by clicking here... |
- Payroll Submission – This option is used the majority of the time for sending data to the ATO once a payroll has been finalised. Select the payroll to submit and all employees associated with that payroll, that have a valid payslip, will have their YTD values transmitted to the ATO. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – This option is only to be used if there is an issue or error with the data contained in a previously sent payroll submission. It allows the users to select the payroll affected and resubmit the data once it has been corrected.
- Employee Update – This option is used to transfer the latest employee YTD values to the ATO when there are changes made outside of payroll. Minor changes or corrections to be payroll do not have to be sent via this option, they can be sent using the normal payroll submission when the next payroll is completed. This option allows users to update the employee data outside of payroll in preparation of EOFY.
The employee updated option is used for submitting employee information when changes have been made outside of the normal payroll process, such as manual YTD changes. This option is generally reserved for when finalising the end of financial year reporting for PAYG summaries. Ticking the Final Payroll Indicator option notifies the ATO that this is the final payroll processed for the selected financial year.
Running an employee update through the Single Touch Payroll Wizard.
- To open the Single Touch Payroll Wizard. Go to the Payroll tab and then click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Employee Update’.
- Select the correct ABN for the location that the employee/s work at.
- Select the current financial year. Previous years can be reported but the ATO will only allow older ones for a period of time.
- The final payroll indicator option, in conjunction with the Employee Update option, notifies the ATO that this is the final submission for the selected financial year. Once set and sent to the ATO, all further transactions will be listed as 'final indicator'. The ATO will still accept information for employees that have the 'final indicator' set, but that may end after a certain date determined by the ATO. Press Next to continue.
- Select any/or all employees that you wish to submit for updating but setting the ‘Include’ checkbox.
- Once selected then press the Next button.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then create the files required to lodge with your STP Gateway Provider.
- There will be a pop up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes.
- The final screen will advise you that the payroll submission has been transferred through ClockOn's gateway provider. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
- The data has now been sent to the ATO.
- Confirmation from the ATO of a successful employee update may take up to 3 days to be received. Using the ClockOn Message Centre you will be able to Monitor the Single Touch Payroll Messages.