If you’re a business with 20 or more employees you will need to start reporting payroll information to the ATO, through Single Touch Payroll (STP), from the 1st of July 2018. ClockOn, a STP enabled payroll solution, has 3 STP submission types to ensure that your business reports on the correct information to the ATO.
- Payroll Submission – Used to submit your payroll data once a payroll has been completed in ClockOn. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – Used to replace a submission that had an error when being submitted to the ATO.
- Employee Update – Used to update your employee information, typically when changes are made outside of payroll.
The following instructions will guide you through how to use the STP Wizard for a Automatic STP payroll submissions. Running the latest build of ClockOn give you access to the STP wizard. For Automatic STP submissions you will need to contact ClockOn’s sales team, via firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4344 9444 and select sales to register and use ClockOn’s recommended gateway provider.
Of the 3 STP submission types, Payroll submission is the most commonly used. It is used for all payroll submissions once your payroll has been processed and finalised. This means that once you have processed your payroll in ClockOn, as normal, generated the payslips and uploaded the electronic fund’s transfer (EFT) file to your bank you will need to submit the payroll via STP.
NOTE: For payroll adjustments, you can adjust these at any time and then on your next pay periods payroll submission they will be updated and sent to the ATO. There is not a need to run a payroll replacement unless there is an issue with the STP submission itself.
Using the Single Touch Payroll Wizard.
When running the STP wizard it will ensure that your company and employee records are valid for STP submission. If there is an issue with the data additional Data Validation may be required.
- Validate, process and finalise your payroll as normal in ClockOn. Remember to print out your reports and export your EFT file (*.aba)
- Open the STP Wizard. This can be done at the end your payroll, before clicking on Finish or by going to the Payroll menu and click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type ‘Payroll Submission’.
- Select the payroll that was just processed and press Next.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then send the data to our gateway provider to then send to the ATO. Logging information will be displayed, if there are errors or warnings, then please call ClockOn support, otherwise, it should complete successfully.
- There will be a pop up asking you to confirm. Click on Yes.
- The final screen will advise you that the payroll submission has been transferred through ClockOn’s gateway provider. Press Finish to complete the wizard.
- The data has now been sent to the ATO.
You will need run the STP Wizards close to the “pay event” as possible. Confirmation from the ATO of a successful submission may take up to 3 days to be received. Using the ClockOn Message centre you will be able to Monitor the Single Touch Payroll Messages