Leave Exclusion zones are defined as single or multiple days on which leave and training cannot be reserved by employees.
NOTE: The Administrator does, however, have the overriding authority to enter leave or training during these periods.
How to define a Leave Exclusion Zone
- After logging into the system with an administrator level account, select the Setup and then System Setup option from the top menu bar.
- Select the option for Calendar as shown below.
- Select the date range by using click and drag (left to right). The dates will become bold and flash
- At the bottom of the calendar click on the Reserve button.
- This opens the Leave Exclusion Setup screen. The relevant locations and departments can then selected by selecting the Has Exclusion box. There is a Select All option also available which acts as a toggle to select or deselect all, as required.
To clear a Leave Exclusion Zone, reselect the zone and then select the Reserve button. Deselect the Has inclusion box or use the select all button to toggle off the checks:
- Click on Save
Once saved the dates selected will be a Dark Grey, by default, or what colour you have selected.