The tax screen displays details for the manual calculation of tax based on the tax scale selected. These are used during payroll to calculate the appropriate tax values. These are used during payroll to calculate the appropriate tax values.
NOTE:The tax tables are selected automatically by ClockOn based on the payroll end date. When a payroll is run, the tax schedule cannot be changed, preventing selection of the wrong schedule.
- To Access the System Setup screen you will need to ensure that all other ClockOn Windows are closed. Navigate to Setup > System Setup.
- In the System Setup click on the Tax tab
- ClockOn's tax screen displays details for the manual calculation of tax based on the tax scale selected:
- Year: Identifies the financial year of the particular tax schedule.
- Scale: This is a pull-down, non-editable list of tax scales. The tax scales enable the Administrator to calculate and check the gross tax of any employee.
The description on the tax scales includes the following acronyms:
- FLE: Flood Levy Exemption
- FS: Financial Supplement
- HELP: Higher Education Loan Program (formerly known as HECS)
- LL: Leave Loading
- Details: Select the appropriate tax scale to display the calculation of tax in cents per dollar, including an allowance for the particular pay range identified.
TIP: At the bottom of this window there is a Note on how the amount of PAYG is calculated. Gross Weekly Income (earnings) * Tax Rate - Adjustment = Amount to be withheld