Select Special Rates to open the special rates configuration screen for the selected Rule Set.
- Pay employee base when rate is lower: Enable this field to pay the employee's base rate when a special rate is lower that the employee's base rate. This is used when a special rate has been allocated to a timesheet entry.
- Apply highest rate to day when worked over a number of hours per day: this field allows a special rate to be applied to an entire day (i.e. pay the rate for the whole day), when the employee has worked over a certain number of hours for that day. For example, if an employee has a number of shifts they work on a specific day
- 12/07/2014 – 09:00 – 12:00
- 09:00 – 10:00 (normal hours: $10)
- 10:00 – 12:00 (level 2: $20)
- 12/07/2014 – 15:00 – 18:00
- 15:00 – 16:00 (level 2: $20) Employee has now worked over 2 hours for this level
- 16:00 – 18:00 (level 3: $30)
- 12/07/2014 – 18:00 – 23:00
- 18:00 – 19:00 (normal hours: $10)
- 19:00 – 23:00 (level 1: $15)
In the above example, if the ruleset was as follows:
The resulting payroll entry would be as follows:
Note that the level 2 rate of $20 has been applied because the hours worked by the employee exceeded 2 hours. By the time they had worked the 15:00-18:00 part of their day the highest rate at that point in time, being $20, has been to the entire day (excluding the portion of their day whereby $30 is higher).