The Enabled check box determines whether the employee is entitled to long service leave (LSL). Long service is typically accrued in contiguous blocks of weeks (7-days) and therefore any long service leave payments will be pro rated for each day taken. Example, an employee who takes three days long service will have 3/7ths of a week deducted from his or her entitlement:
- Accrue leave in hours: When enabled long service leave will be accrued in hours. (For more information see: Long Service Leave Accrual in Hours)
- Include workers compensation: Becomes enabled only when long service leave is accrued in hours. hours. When enabled, long service leave will accrue while an employee is on workers compensation leave.
- The values entered in the Employee Will Accrue and Years Worked fields are expressed as a ratio. Long service leave accrual begins from the employment commencement date.
- Becomes a Liability At: Records the number of years of service after which Long Service Leave entitlement becomes an accounting liability.
- Employee is Eligible At: States the number of years of service the employee must have worked in order to take long service leave.
- Enable Pay on Termination to instruct the ClockOn termination wizard to pay long service leave by default. This can be manually overridden at the time the termination wizard is opened.
- Pay with Penalties: Enabling this field allows penalties set up in the Rule Set to be applied to long service leave bookings.