Question: Can I Limit/Choose What Areas Of My ClockOn System That My Employees Can See And Who They Have Access To?
Yes, you can. This is handled within ClockOn by using a standard (configurable) set of security roles and then by applying specific access to departments on a per user basis.
To summarise the above when changing an employee's security role there are 2 things you need to determine.
- What do I want the employee to see within ClockOn?
This is determined by the security roles (for more information read: Security Roles)
- Who do I want the employee to see within ClockOn?
This is determined by the Admin ticks within the Departments section of the Employee details
What Do I Want The Employee To See Within ClockOn
- Navigate to Setup > Employee Details or select the people icon from the top of the main screen.
- Select the employee from the drop-down list at the top of the employee screen.
- At the bottom of the personal tab in the security area, open the drop-down list beside Security level.
- Select the appropriate Security level and then select Save.
Who Do I Want The Employee To See Within ClockOn?
NOTE: The employee may need to log out and log back in to apply the access to their login.