Configuring Employee Ordinary Working Hours
This window allows the Administrator to specify an employee's ordinary work hours and on which days the employee is expected to work.
These hours can be entered as start and end times for each day or as total hours worked for that day, including the length in minutes usually taken for breaks.
Accessing the Working Hours
- Navigate to Setup > Employee Details or select the people icon from the top of the main screen.
- Select the employee from the Employee drop down menu
- Click on the Working Hours tab
- Ordinary hours will be used in the rosters when creating shifts for specific employees.
Example, if an employee has ordinary hours for Monday of 8.30 – 16.30 with a 30 minute break defined in their employee record, then a shift created on a Monday will have those hours for that employee. Otherwise, the shift will default to the department trading hours for the employee.
- Ordinary hours are also used in the Termination Wizard for long service leave to enable calculation of the marginal tax for a full worked year, so as to ensure that an employee is not over taxed for leave payments made at termination in respect to long service leave.
The ability to have multiple weeks allows for the employee to have differing working hours for different weeks. When rostering the employee, ClockOn will determine which week to use to create the shift times. The current week is notated at the top of the screen (just below the tabs)
Example: In the screen shot below the current week number is 2 so if today was a Wednesday then the highlighted times would apply
NOTE: When an employee is terminated, if multiple weeks are defined then the Termination wizard would use the average hours overall to calculate the long service leave.