When Word is installed, ClockOn provides direct access to Word document templates (.dot files). A range of templates specifically designed for ClockOn are also included. These special HR based templates are identified in the directory by the prefix 'ClockOn'.
Templates are useful in that they have the ability to automatically populate fields (name details, address, start date etc.) with matching data stored in the ClockOn database (based on the currently selected employee):
NOTE: When making changes to an existing template, make sure to use Save As and save the new document as a template file before making the changes. Otherwise the original template will be lost.
Word templates are accessible by the Administrator from all tabs on the Employee screen.
Creating a letter in Word
- Navigate to Setup > Employee Details or select the people icon from the top of the main screen.
- Select the employee from the Employee drop down menu
- select the Word button
- A list of Word and ClockOn templates is displayed.
NOTE: The folder on your computer may differ from the screenshot
- Click on Open to open up the template.
- The template will automatically open.
For the selected employee, field entries required for the template are automatically populated in the document.
Provided HR Word Templates
- Job Description: Allows for listing of Skills, Experience, Qualifications required. Key Duties/Responsibilities and Key Performance Indicators for a Specific Position.
- All template fields: Lists all template details available from ClockOn database for an employee.
- Application Received: Notification of receipt of an application for an advertised position.
- Application Unsuccessful: Notification of an unsuccessful application for an advertised position.
- Confirmation of Receipt of Resignation Letter 1: Confirmation of receipt of a written resignation notice.
- Confirmation of Receipt of Resignation Letter 2: Confirmation of receipt of an oral resignation notice.
- Induction: Employee information including hours of work, overtime, meal breaks, leave, payment of wages, evacuation etc.
- Interview Successful: Notification of offer of position, following successful interview.
- Interview Unsuccessful: Notification of unsuccessful interview.
- Job Offer Award: Offer of position, outlining terms and conditions of employment for an award-based position.
- Job Offer Non-Award: Offer of job outlining terms and conditions of employment for a non-award position.
- No Salary Increase: Notification following performance review.
- No Job Vacancy: Response to query for non-advertised position.
- Probation Period: Confirmation of employment and requirements during the Probation Period.
- Probation Period Terminated: Termination of employment consistent with probation requirements.
- Salary Increase: Notification following Performance Review.
- Termination Misconduct: Notification of termination of employment in relation to issues of misconduct.
- Termination Standard: Notification of termination of employment in relation to issues of job performance.
- Warning 1 Conduct: First letter for notification of conduct issues.
- Warning 1 Performance: First letter for notification of performance issues.
- Warning 2 Conduct: Second letter for notification of conduct issues.
- Warning 2 Performance: Second letter for notification of performance issues.
- Warning 3 Conduct: Final letter for notification of conduct issues.
- Warning 3 Performance: Final letter for notification of performance issues
- Termination Standard Conduct: Notification of termination of employment in relation to issues of conduct.