How to add a Time Sheet
- Select Time Sheets from the home tab or select the stop watch icon from the main screen.
- Select the employee, from the Employee drop down , that you want to add the time sheet for.
- Select Add to open the Time Sheet/Leave Detail editing screen - Ensure that no other Time sheet is selected or you will create a duplicate time sheet
NOTE: You can only add a new time sheet if the Range filter is set to one of the Individual filters
- The Time Sheet Details window will open. Update or add the following:
- Enter the From (Start Date) and to (End Date) for the time sheet. This will default to the start date of the period (This will be the same for a single entry)
- Select the correct Location. (The employees default will be already added)
- Select the correct Department. (The employees default will be already added))
- Select the appropriate Type from the drop down list
- Timesheet will make it a worked time entry
- Leave will make it a leave entry and a Category filed will appear below the Role drop down
- Click on the Ellipsis button to add a shift, add a Start and End time for the shift and click Save or select from the Shift most recently used drop down (not mandatory).
NOTE: you will be prompted to save the whole time sheet when pressing save. Click Yes
- Select from the Role drop down. (The employees default will be already added)
- If a Leave type has been selected there will be a Category drop down of leave types.
- Enter any General or Incidents notes (if required).
- Save and Close.
Time Sheet Notes
The Administrator has the option to enter General or Incident notes.
- General notes are considered publicly available and appear in most time sheet reports. Regular use of the note fields is highly recommended and is considered best practice. Some leave category do require general notes
- Incident notes relate to 'sensitive' comments intended for private administrator use. These are filtered from most time sheet reports.