Quick Access Toolbar
By default the quick access toolbar has the below icons
- This button cuts the currently selected shifts from the screen and places them in the clipboard.
- This button copies the currently selected shifts to the clipboard.
- This button pastes the shifts currently stored in the clipboard to the roster at the position pointed to by the mouse.
- This button allows you to undo the previous step.
- This button allows you to redo the previous step.
- This button deletes the currently selected shifts.
- This button cancels changes made to the roster, but only when changes have been made.
- This button saves changes made to the roster.
- This button allows a print preview or prints the current roster.
- This button opens up the Message Centre
- This button revers the roster display back to Default sizing
- This button saves the desktop so all of the work space sizing and side bars are set the same each login
- This button displays ClockOn Help.
- This button closes out of rosters.
The Main Toolbar Ribbon
- Employee View: button toggles the display between role and employee modes.
- Show Breaks button hides/shows breaks.
- Shift Filter button contains a drop down list of possible leave and shift filters as follows:
- All shifts and leave will show all shifts regardless of their types.
- Leave only: will hide/show booked leave.
- Leave on shift days only: where there is a day for an employee where they have a normal shift and leave shift, only the leave shifts will be shown on the roster.
- Shifts only: will hide all leave shifts and only show normal shifts.
- Shifts on leave days only: where there is a day for an employee where they have a normal shift and leave shift, only the normal shifts will be shown on the roster.
- Errors and Warnings Only - Shows only shifts where clocked times have errors, or where a shift date has passed and there were no clocked times for the shift. Leave days where the employee has exceeded their leave balance are also considered to be invalid shifts.
- Trading Hours button hides/shows location or department trading hours.
- The Employment drop down filters displayed shifts by Casual, Full Time, Part Time or Other shifts.
- This Payment drop down filters displayed shifts by hourly or salaried payment.
Shift Display Options
- This button toggles the Timeline display.
- This button toggles the Timeline with zoom display .
- This button shows the spread of shifts, indicating the number of employees rostered.
- This button will show a compressed view of the roster only showing the rostered shifts.
- This button will show/hide employees belonging to other locations on the roster.
- This button will sort the roster by the hours each employee is rostered (in employee mode). This will be shown in ascending order of hours.
- This button will sort the roster by the employee name within role (in role mode). This will be shown in ascending order of name.
- This button zooms the view in/out to the maximum.
- This button zooms the view out by one unit.
- This button zooms the view in by one unit.
- This button will filter the employee side panel list by the role selected (designated by the current shift selected).
- This button will filter the employee panel list to reflect those employees available between the hours selected (designated by the current shift selected).
- This button will filter the employee panel list to show those employees who are fully qualified for their default role or by the role of the selected shift.
- This button will filter the employee panel list to show those employees who are partially qualified for their default role or by the role of the selected shift.
- The Template toolbar has a drop down list displaying all the available templates saved for the currently viewed location.
- Templates can be loaded, saved and deleted. An option to clear a loaded template from the current display is available.
- The Roster Cost button toggles the display between shift and cost/budget modes
- The Leave Overview button toggles the display between Leave Overview and Roster modes
- The Auto-Generate Shifts icon is located within the Calculate tab of the toolbar. Select the Generate Auto Time Sheet icon to automatically add time sheet entries to the roster.
NOTE: These are only created for employees with the ‘Create Time Sheets from Working week’ option selected on Special Options Tab in the employee details.
- Select the Generate Auto Public Holidays icon to automatically add public holiday leave entries to the roster.
NOTE: These are only created for employees with the ‘Auto Create P/H Leave entries’ option selected on Special Options Tab in the employee details.
The roster period toolbar allows the user to vary the visible start and end date of the roster
- By changing the start and end dates a roster of any size can be viewed. Changing the roster start date will load the entire roster period surrounding the selected date. The roster start date can be changed to any value.
- Select the Revert Period button to automatically reload the current roster period.
- Days falling outside the selected roster period are considered out of period and are displayed using diagonal grey lines:
- Select the Start of Period button to bring the first day of the selected roster period into view in the left hand column.
- When viewing a period longer than one week, select the Previous Period button to bring the first day of the previous week into view in the left hand column.
- When viewing a period longer than one week, select the Next Period button to bring the start day of the next week into view in the left hand column.
- When viewing more than one week at a time, the navigation buttons provide an easy means to alternate between the weeks:
- When viewing the start period of the roster, select the Previous Period button to load the entire roster for the previous period.
- When viewing the final week of the roster, select the Next Period button to load the entire roster for the next period.
- Days in Period: allows visible days on the roster to be changed. Initially this is set to 'default' which uses the number of days in the system setup default. The Days in period can be changed to any of the following options:
- Custom; Default; 1 Day; 2 Days; 3 Days; 4 Days; 5 Days; 6 Days; 1 Week; 2 Weeks; 3 Weeks; 4 Weeks.
- The Days in period drop down is automatically updated when changing the drop down start and end dates.
Example, When selecting a date starting on a Monday and finishing on Wednesday, the Days in period is automatically set to 3 days.
TIP: To permanently change Days in period displayed, select the Desktop tab and 'save desktop'
The Desktop toolbar allows the user to load from a list of predefined desktop layouts:
- Save Desktop: Once you have your desktop layout set to the one you prefer to use, then select the save option.
- You can change to a different view whilst in the roster, but the saved desktop view will be the default view when you use the roster option in ClockOn.
- There are a number of default Panel layouts that can be utilised to help with the layout of your roster screen. You can select from the list of layouts from the desktop tab. Once you have selected the layout you prefer, save your desktop layout and this will be your default layout each time you use the roster system.
- You can also toggle you toolbar view to include a minimum or maximum number of icons to be displayed on your desktop.