Shifts can be split so as to apportion part of a day to personal (sick) leave.
Splitting a shift into part worked hours and part personal leave (paid)
- Right click on the desired shift
- Select Shift, then Split
- Then select the second part of the shift, the leave portion, and right click.
- Select Shift, Shift Change To, then Personal Leave (Paid).
- Notice the leave symbol appears in the bottom right hand corner of the cell.
- Then size the sick leave component to reflect the correct length.
TIP: By default personal leave required a General note to be added. Double click on the shift, Resize the shift and add the General Note.
- After doing so, adjust the end time of the worked shift to be the same as the start time of the sick leave entry.
NOTE: You might need to adjust the break to where the break should be taken. When splitting a shift with a break the beak will be added to the second shift