When setting rates you can choose to defer the rate. This means that the payment of the rate for the portion of time you specified will not be applied until the predetermined date that you specify.
To defer a rate
- Double click on the shift to open up the Time Sheet Details screen
- Select the option to add a Rate. (For more information read: Shift Operations - Applying Custom Rates to a Shift)
- Select whether it is for shift times or worked times. You can choose to override these times once they are on the screen.
- Select the Defer box and select a date to defer the payment of this rate to.
- When the payroll is processed the deferred rate will not be included. In a future payroll the rate will be included once the date you selected transpires.