In Step 8, the final page of the payroll wizard you are able to easily access the:
- E.F.T File export to create an .aba file that can be uploaded to your bank
- Journal File export to create an exportable file that you can upload into your 3rd Party accounting package
- Run the Single Touch Payroll (STP) Wizard to submit your STP reports (See Step 9 - Single Touch Payroll (STP) submissions)
- If you have set up any online integrations (for example MYOB online) you can send you Journal information using the Integration wizard
NOTE: If you click on Finish before you have completed these exports and submission it's OK. You can run these at any time. from the Payroll and Home tabs in the ClockOn main screen
Creating an Electronic Funds Transfer (.aba) file
- Click on the Export icon
- From the drop down select EFT File
- The EFT Export file window will open
- Select the Payroll period that you would like to generate the .aba file for
NOTE: This will default to the last payroll run
- Click on the Export icon
- A confirmation window will pop up asking if you are sure you want to create the E.F.T file now. Click on Yes. This will create the .aba file that you can use to upload into your bank account to pay your employees. (For more information read: Configuring ClockOn for ABA Files)
NOTE: If you already have an .aba for for this pay period it will overwrite the file. If you don't want the file overwritten, navigate to the file location of the .aba file and rename the file
- Once created there will be pop up notifying you that the E.F.T file has been created. Click on OK
- The E.F.T Export File window will now show a read out of the .aba file that has been save to the chosen file location/s
- Click on Close to exit this window
NOTE: The .aba file uses the following naming convention: The end date of the payroll being paid plus the first thirteen characters of the linked location name. Due to filename limitations imposed by some banks, the filename is limited to a total of 22 characters in length.
- If you need to create a Journal export for your accounting package or perform an STP submission leave the Final Screen of Payroll open. If not click on Finish
- Open the internet banking program and import the .aba file.
Creating General Journal Files
Using the Journal Export
Using the Integration Wizard
To use the integration wizard you need to have configured it first (see: Location Manager - Connection Details)
- Click on the Integration Wizard icon
Select the Type of integration and Location details you want to export
Click on Next
You will be taken to the Journal Validation page, which displays the journal records that will be updated.NOTE: If the Journal fails then you will be notified in what line is causing the issue.
- Click on Next
- Once the validation has been completed, the user can then submit the data to the online system for further processing. Press the Submit button to continue, ClockOn will then report the process in the on-screen log.
- The wizard is now complete and will allow the user to close the screen. Please ensure the data is correct in the external system. Click on Finish
- you will be back on the Final Screen of Payroll open.
- Click on Finish