A Journal File export can be created at anytime for any processed payroll
- Select the Payroll tab, Create Journal File.
- In the Export manager window that opens click on the Export icon
- In the Export Options window select the pay period that you want to create the journal file for.
- Click on Load to load the pay period. Once the payroll is loaded you will see a list of payroll ID's for the loaded period
- Click on OK
- The Journal export file will be created for the payroll period that has just processed. in the bottom section of the screen that will be some information about the progress of the export. Once it reads Exported... the file will have been exported to the File Location that has been selected for this particular export.
- Click on Close to back to the main screen
- The file is ready to be imported into your external accounting package such as MYOB, QuickBooks, Xero, etc.