The ClockOn Export system offers a simple means of transferring data to and from the ClockOn database.
Data export is required when the user needs to:
- Develop enhanced management reports
- Perform additional analysis and/or processing of ClockOn data
- View ClockOn data from alternative applications
- Merge ClockOn data with data captured from other applications
ClockOn Exports may be used to translate data into many commonly used file formats (i.e. Excel, Word, Text or XML), making the data compatible with many third-party or legacy applications.
The export engine is highly configurable and a selected export procedure may be saved to ensure replication without the need for further configuration.
Features of ClockOn Data Export
- Numerous record selection methods: All Records, Modified Records Only, or records by Date Range.
- A diverse range of export file formats including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, XML, HTML, PDF, and Rich Text Format.
- A custom export SQL script editor which allows the user to create complex views of ClockOn data, including table, joins, updates and deletions. This feature is very useful for "massaging" ClockOn data to suit import file formats for other applications.
NOTE: The SQL script editor is only recommended for advanced users with a detailed understanding of ClockOn data tables and SQL. See "Creating Custom Export Tables Using SQL”.
To understand clearly how best to use ClockOn Export, a few of the more common export terms have been defined below:
- Data Table: Tables consist of rows of data (records) which are divided into fields (columns) for organization and retrieval. ClockOn comprises more than fifty tables ranging from records of company information to timesheets to employee data.
- Export: The process of writing and transforming ClockOn data tables into various raw file formats.