What are Filters?
Export filters can greatly affect the accuracy, file size and efficiency of the resultant export data.
Filters can be specified for the export.
- Select the Options button at the top of the command screen,
- From the drop down menu select Filters.
- Once the Filters screen is displayed, fields from the selected tables can be added using the Add button at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Field Name and select the field that you want to create the filter for
- Then the filter Type can be selected for those fields
TIP: Using the User selected: filter type allows you to select the filters you want to use at the time of running the report.
- The Filter value will change depending on the filter type selected
- The And.Or allows you to select how the filters are combined. (Typically this will be set to And)
Department and Employee filter
- The department and employee are made available as a selection range by the user
- When this example is run, the following prompts will be displayed
Specified employees, specified payrolls and specific date ranges.
- The following filters allow the user to select a pay period and employee range.
- The prompts for the above example appear as follows when the command is run
Excluding Terminated Employees
- In the example below the filter is to exclude employees who have been terminated