ClockOn users can now elect to secure their data using Two-Factor authentication (2FA). This can also be mandated via the options in the System Setup for administrative users to force all employee with admin access.
Before Configuring the system please install Google Authenticator on one of the following devices.
- Android Mobile device - Click Here...
- iPhone or iPad - Click Here...
- In Google Chrome on your PC - Click Here... (Note this is an extension for the Google Chrome web browser)
- Any other Google Authenticator application will work too.
- Login to ClockOn
- Navigate to Setup and then Employee details
- In the employee screen, under Security, click on Enable Google 2FA
Once selected the user will be prompted to confirm they wish to continue. Click on Yes
After pressing yes a Two Factor Verification window will open up
- Copy the Secret Password generated in ClockOn and launch the Google Authenticator application you are using.
The authenticator can be run as a mobile app on Android and Apple devices, or it can be installed using the Chrome browser as an add in.
- Run the Google authenticator and create a new account. (Instructions may differ depending on the Google Authenticator application you are using)
- Select manual entry,
- Enter a name to identify what the code is used for such as ClockOn Payroll
- ensure that the time-based option is selected.
- Enter the Secret Password supplied from ClockOn and Save.
- The Google Authenticator will now show a 'code' that can be entered into ClockOn. This code will change every 30 seconds and is unique to your account.
- Enter the code into ClockOn and press the verify button.
- The code should be accepted and save the details.