Geo-fencing can be setup as a default address and perimeter via the Location Manager or you can set a specific location on single rostered shift or disable it.
Setting up a Geo-fence for a specific Shift
NOTE: That the shift needs to be published before an employee can clock times against it. If not published then a non-rostered shift will be recorded. For more information on how non-rostered shift are handled see: Special Options Tab - Attendance & Payroll Options. If a Shift already has times recorded against it you will not be able to edit the geo-fencing information.
- Open up the Rosters
- in the rosters screen navigate the the shift you need to set up a different geo-fencing location.
- Double click on the Rostered shift
- In the Time Sheet Details window click on the Map icon.
- This will open up the Map with the default address and perimeter already set. From here you can:
- Click on the Clear button to remove the geo-fencing for this shift
- Edit the the Address and Max Distance radius
- Once changes click on Ok to save
Now that this shifts geo-fence has been setup, depending on the employees security role, the employee can now clock on and off at a different location to the main site location.
- For more information on what the employee will see when Clocking on and off using the ClockOn Go app see: Attendance - Clocking Shift Times.
- For more information on what happens to the time sheets please see: Time Sheets - Viewing and Editing the Geo-Fence Map