Before you start:
The support tool that we use Connectwise Control has limited compatibility with older versions of Windows and no longer officially supports Windows XP and Windows Vista. For a full listing of officially supported operating systems please see the following link https://www.connectwise.com/software/control/remote-support/compatibility
In saying this we have had some success in connecting with these operating systems however to do this you will need to installed the following:
- The Microsoft .Net framework.
- An Internet browser that supports current secure HTTPS connections,
for example, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Connecting to a support session
- Navigate to https://clockon.screenconnect.com
- Enter the code provided by the ClockOn support staff into the Join with a code section and click the picture of the arrow
- You will then be prompted with the following page with instructions for establishing the connection.
- This will then attempt to prompt to run a file labeled ConnectwiseControl.ClientSetup.exe, run this program and the session should connect shortly thereafter.
- If prompted by Windows you will need to allow this program to run to connect the session.
Question:When I open the https://clockon.screenconnect.com site it is showing that it cannot display the page?
Answer:This usually means that you are using a web browser that doesn't support the latest secure version of HTTPS, our recommendations in regards to this are to download another web browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and try again.
Question:Nothing happened when I tried to connect to the session, are there any other things that I can try?
Answer:Yes Connectwise provides several alternative methods for establishing the session. If you are having issues connecting using the following method please try to connect using the alternative options on the lower portion of the Join session screen.
- First, try using the Try next option (UrlLaunch) link
- If this doesn't work try the WindowsSelector option.
- Then select Launch App
- From there install the app as per normal and the session should connect.