The rules of reporting through Single Touch Payroll
Please be aware that companies need to register for Branch Numbers before they can be used within ClockOn, if this is not done prior to an STP submission with this setting set then the ATO will likely contact you to advise on the error.
In the event that the branch number was set incorrectly at the time of your submissions please see the steps below for a guide on how to correct this in your system.
- Open each employee card file and click the YTD button to display the employee's current earnings for the year.
- Note down the values listed on this screen for the current financial year and reset all of the values back to 0.
Note that you will need to repeat this process for all affected employees.
- Open the STP wizard and select and run an Employee Update, ensuring that the correct ABN and Year Ending is also set correctly. You will also need to tick the Final Payroll Indicator option.
- Open the Locations screen and open the location that requires the change.
- On the Locations, screen update the Branch No field to match your ATO records
- Re-open the Employee details > YTD screen (as shown in steps 1 and 2) for each of the employees and enter the previously set earnings for the year.
- Re-open the STP wizard and run another Employee Update (as shown in step 3).
IMPORTANT NOTE: FOR THIS STEP DO NOT USE THE FINAL PAYROLL INDICATOR OPTION AS THIS WILL ADVISE THE ATO THAT SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS ABN ON THIS BRANCH NO. HAVE BEEN FINALIZED FOR THE YEAR.