The Installer for the WebView2 component can be downloaded using the following link
To allow for continuing functionality for optional features such as the GeoFence maps and API connectivity, ClockOn has recently updated its internal components to take advantage of the newer Microsoft WebView2.
ClockOn will advise if you attempt to use one of these features and this component is required, if this is the case and you currently do not have it installed on your system, you will be prompted to install this feature to continue.
The following information is included in this article.
Supported operating systems
WebView2 is supported under the following operating systems
- Windows 7 **
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 21h1 x64
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC x32 2019
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC x64 2019
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008 R2 **
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
**WebView2 support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 have the same support timeline as Microsoft Edge. See Microsoft Edge supported Operating Systems.
(Information sourced from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/)
To install WebView2 please follow the steps below
- Use the link below
- Click the Download WebView2 option
- Review and and if you accept the licence agreement, click the Accept and Download option.
- Run the downloaded file MicrosoftEdgeWebview2Setup.exe this will likely show in the lower left of the screen
- Follow the prompts within the installer to complete the process.