The steps below will help you to install the ClockOn desktop application onto a PC. The Desktop application is not required for employees to clock on and off. It is recommended to be ONLY installed on Business Owners and Managers computers. Before installing it on an employees computer please check the security roles for that employee so they are unable to see any sensitive information.
Before attempting to install the program please ensure that you have:
- Administration Access to be able to install programs onto your PC - Talk to your IT Provider if you need to check this
- The IP Address for your ClockOn Server. This is the location that the ClockOn Database is located for local installs this will be 127.0.0.1.
- The Database name - If you are unsure or using ClockOn's cloud hosting services please contact ClockOn Support otherwise the default database is to be used
ClockOn is a Windows Based application and can be installed on supported versions of Window.
Installing the Desktop Application on a PC
- Download the latest Client installer - Click Here
- Run the .exe as an administrator. (enter Username and Password if prompted by UAC)
- ClockOn will begin installing, Click Next To start install
- Read and accept the License Agreement and Click Next
- Select the Destination Folder to install the Client or Click Next to use default.
- Enter the IP Address of your ClockOn Server. (If your server is located at another site you will need Port forwarding and to enter the WAN IP Address in this field. It cannot use a DSN address. Please talk to your IT Provider to assist you with this.)
Do not Alter the User name and Password fields they are pre-populated.
- Enter The Database name if advised that it differs from Default or if a ClockOn Cloud Customer. (If you are using ClockOn Cloud hosted and do not know your database name please contact ClockOn support.)
- Click Next
- Click Install
- Click Finish
- The installer will then place a ClockOn shortcut on the current Users desktop. (If using a terminal server you will need to copy the shortcut onto required users’ desktops)
- Double click on the Shortcut to start.
- After the installation if the client successfully connect to a valid server it will perform an update to match the build of the server.
Once complete ClockOn is ready for use.