- Payroll Submission – This option is used the majority of the time for sending data to the ATO once a payroll has been finalised. Select the payroll to submit and all employees associated with that payroll, that have a valid payslip, will have their YTD values transmitted to the ATO. Also used for Payroll adjustments
- Payroll Replacement – This option is only to be used if there is an issue or error with the data contained in a previously sent payroll submission. It allows the users to select the payroll affected and resubmit the data once it has been corrected.
- Employee Update – This option is used to transfer the latest employee YTD values to the ATO when there are changes made outside of payroll. Minor changes or corrections to be payroll do not have to be sent via this option, they can be sent using the normal payroll submission when the next payroll is completed. This option allows users to update the employee data outside of payroll in preparation of EOFY.
Of the 3 STP submission types, Payroll submission is the most commonly used. It is used for all payroll submissions once your payroll has been processed and finalised. This means that once you have processed your payroll in ClockOn, as normal, generated the payslips and uploaded the electronic funds transfer (EFT) file to your bank you will need to submit the payroll via STP.
NOTE: For payroll adjustments, you can adjust these at any time and then on your next pay periods payroll submission they will be updated and sent to the ATO. There is not a need to run a payroll replacement unless there is an issue with the STP submission itself.
Using the Single Touch Payroll Wizard
When running the STP wizard it will ensure that your company and employee records are valid for STP submission. If there is an issue with the data additional Data Validation may be required.
- Validate, process and finalise your payroll as normal in ClockOn. Remember to print out your reports and export your EFT file (*.aba)
- Open the STP Wizard. This can be done at the end your payroll, before clicking on Finish or by going to the Payroll menu and click on the STP Wizard icon.
- Select the submission type Payroll Submission.
- Select the payroll that was just processed and press Next.
- Press the Submit button, ClockOn will then create the files required to lodge with your STP Gateway Provider.
- You will be prompted that you are about to perform a manual payroll submission. Click on Yes to continue
- There will be another pop up asking you to confirm validation. Click on Yes to continue
- The final screen will advise you that the submission is complete. In this case, as a manual submission, your data has not been submitted to the ATO, rather the files have been generated ready to be uploaded.
- Navigate to the above file location to access the files for each location. This will be in the STP folder of your ClockOn installations directory, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ClockOn\STP. In this folder, the files will be saved under the Location\date\Submit. You will need to work with your gateway provider on how they require these files.
- Back in ClockOn, press Finish completing the wizard.