The Special Options are used to tailor an employee's individual needs for Payroll, Timesheet Approval and Attendance Options.
Accessing the Special Options
- Navigate to Setup > Employee Details or select the people icon from the top of the main screen.
- Select the employee from the Employee drop down menu
- Click on the Special Options tab
NOTE: To make any changes to the Special Option click on the Edit icon in the top of the Employee Details screen
- Create Time Sheets from Working Week: This option is used to create time sheet entries based on the Ordinary Work Hours fields as defined in Working hours tab. This is most useful for employees who:
- Have regular hours.
- Require time sheets.
- Are not able or required to clock on or off.
- Are not normally rostered.
- Do not receive pre or post roster overtime.
- Do not receive shift penalties or loadings.
- Auto Create P/H Leave Entries: This option allows for the automatic generation of time sheet entries on public holidays. If the employee ordinarily works on this day, it will create a time sheet based on ordinary hours (Employee Setup - Working hours tab)
- P/H Not Ordinarily Worked Length: This option determines the total length required to automatically create Public holiday leave entries when an employee does not ordinarily work on that day.
- Auto Fill Rostered Hours: This option is used to generate time sheet entries based on the start and finish times for rostered shifts. This is useful for employees who are rostered, but are not required to clock on or off.
- Show Warnings at Payroll: This option is used to display or conceal warning (purple colour coded)) time sheets at payroll.
Time Sheet Approval
- Non-Rostered Timesheets: This option allows for either Show as errors, Show as warnings or Allow processing.
- Show as errors: will show a non-rostered timesheet as a red entry and must be rectified prior to payroll being processed.
- Show as warnings: will show a non-rostered timesheet as a purple (warning) entry and can be approved or rectified prior to payroll
- Allow processing: will allow a timesheet that is non-rostered to be processed as is at payroll. This means that an employee is to be paid for hours worked without the need for an attached shift or roster. This option can be used by employees who are allowed to clock on and off casually and have no defined roster.
- Show Warnings at Approval: This option is used to display or conceal warning (purple colour coded) time sheets at approval.
Attendance Options (Main Screen)
- Allow Clock On/off: When checked, the employee will be permitted to clock on and off from the main ClockOn screen as well as clock on or off for breaks. This is also dependent upon whether they are rostered for a shift. If they are not rostered for a shift, then 'Allow non-rostered clock on/off' must be enabled as well as the Allow clock on/off in order to allow clocking on/off from the main screen of ClockOn.
- Allow Change of Clock On or Off Time: When checked, the employee may vary the clock on or off time by using the Adjusted Time field. This might be used, for example, in the circumstance when an employee is unable to clock on immediately on arrival at the workplace. This action sends an alert to the Administrator.
- Allow Change of Break Length: When checked, this function enables the employee to vary the length of the break. This sends an alert to the Administrator.
Attendance Options (General)
- Allow Non-Rostered Clock On/Off: When this field is checked by the Administrator, the non-rostered employee is able to clock on and off. The time entries will be automatically attached to a shift.
- Generate Non-Rostered Alerts: When this function is enabled, a non-rostered clocked time alert is generated.
- Generate Non-Rostered Break Alert: When this function enabled, a non-rostered break clocked time alert is generated
- Apply default location geofence: This option will apply the employee’s default location’s geo-fence to non-rostered timesheets.
- Generate Out of Location Alert: When enabled, an out of location clocked time alert is generated.
- Allow Clock On/Off Using working week: When an employee has working week specified times and does not have a rostered shift, an automatic shift will be created once the day has passed, if the employee has not clocked on or off for that day. This shift is created only if the following conditions have been met: The time allowed for rostered is the start time (e.g. 8.30 am) + the total length of the shift (e.g. 8 hours) + break (e.g. 30 minutes) + the rostered cut off (e.g. 360 minutes). So the end time of the shift would be (e.g.16:30) + the cut off (360 minutes).
- Default Break: The break length (in minutes) automatically assigned when the employee performs a non-rostered clock off.
- Load Admin departments when opening reports: Enable this option to automatically load all available locations/departments upon opening reports.
- Load Admin departments when opening roster: Enable this option to automatically load all locations/departments upon opening rosters that you have administration rights to.
- Employees must be linked to roles: This field is used in rosters. When checked it allows this employee to be rostered only to the roles they have in their employee details.
- Qualification minimum: This field is used in rosters. It allows this employee to roster those who are of a particular qualified level. This can be either 'Do not have to be qualified', 'Must be at least partially qualified' or 'Must be fully qualified'.
- Do not have to be qualified: The qualifications of employees are not checked when rostering them for shifts.
- Must be at least partially qualified: The qualifications of employees are checked when rostering them for shifts. They must be partially qualified for the role you are assigning in order to create a shift for them.
- Must be fully qualified: The qualifications of employees are checked when rostering them for shifts. They must be fully partially qualified for the role you are assigning in order to create a shift for them.
- Warning level: This field is used in rosters. It determines the level of warning for this employee when rostering.
- Prompt user: A prompt will indicate that the shift your are trying to roster to an employee does not have the correct qualifications (depending on whether partial or fully qualified has been selected above).
- Never allow: If this is checked then the shift you are trying to roster to an employee will not be permitted if they do not have the correct qualifications (depending on whether partial or fully qualified has been selected above).