The process of employee termination is initiated by selecting the Terminate button on the Employee Details tab. The Termination Date and Notes are entered at this point. The employee is only 'partially' terminated at this point. The process is finalised when the termination wizard is completed (during the payroll that the Termination Date falls within) and final termination payments are made (if any).
Flagging an Employee for Termination
- Navigate to Setup > Employee Details or select the people icon from the top of the main screen.
- Select the employee from the Employee drop-down menu
- Click on the Termination / Notes tab
- Use the Terminate button to flag the selected employee for termination. This commences the termination process
NOTE: Depending on the timing, the termination process may be stopped and reversed. An employee may be reinstated at any time prior to the completion of the termination wizard and the subsequent processing of their final payroll. However, after the final payroll has been processed the termination is irreversible (except via a payroll Roll Back). If there is a change of mind at this point, the employee may be duplicated from the employee form.
- Enter the Finish Date and Termination Notes (detailing the circumstances of termination).
- Select Save to set the status of the employee to Terminated.
- Once saved the Finish Date shows the date on which an employee's employment ceased. The termination Notes have been updated. Also, the employee's license becomes available for another employee and the employee is still able to be Reinstated
Please Note: The termination process is not complete, you will need to run the payroll that contains the selected termination date and complete the Termination Wizard. (For more information See Processing Payroll Step 4 - Completing Terminations Using the Wizard)