When assigning Special Rates to a time sheet you can choose to defer the payment until a another pay period. This means that payment for the portion of time you specified will not be applied until the predetermined date that you specify.
To defer a rate
- Navigate to Home > Time Sheets
- Double click on the time sheet entry to open up the Time Sheet Details screen
- Select the option to add a Rate. For more information read: Applying Pre-Defined Special Rates to Shifts)
- Select whether it is for shift times or worked times. You can choose to override these times once they are on the screen.
- Select the Defer box and select a date to defer the payment of this rate to.
- When the payroll is processed the deferred rate will not be included. In a future payroll the rate will be included once the date you selected transpires.