Using the Mouse to Edit Shift Times
- Zoom in to ensure the shift is fully visible.
TIP: Select the shift and then click on Timeline with Zoom to quickly zoom in on the shift.
- Hover over the start or end of the shift until you see a double headed arrow.
- Click and drag the mouse pointer on the shift left or right to the desired start or end time.
- As you drag the shift, the displayed start and end times change dynamically.(In 15 min increments)
TIP: To obtain the length of the shift (excluding unpaid breaks), move the mouse pointer over the shift and a hint will appear containing the length
NOTE: Whole shifts can be dragged to a different times in an identical manner. this will keep the same shift length
- Click and hold the mouse pointer on the selected shift then drag it left or right to the desired time.
- If you try to resize a shift that has a break and reduce it to a size that is smaller than the Auto add break minimum shift length for the department (as set up in Location manager > departments), you will get a warning as follows.
In order to resize it to a length that is smaller than this setting you will need to remove the break(s) from the shift first. (Right click on the shift and select Breaks > Remove Selected)