There are two views available for constructing rosters in ClockOn. These are Role View or Employee View. Typically the view selected by the roster officer is dependent on the size of the roster and the diversity of roles required.
(NOTE: For the purposes of this guide, the primary focus is on role mode)
- Ensure the Employee View icon is deselected (For more information:User Interface - Main Work Space)
NOTE: Newly created rosters can be saved as roster templates. The routine use of templates is highly recommended for maximum efficiency and time saving.
- Role view allows roster building without having to consider employee availability, skills or qualifications. Instead, the focus is on what and how many roles should be allocated to a given day or period.
Adding One additional Role on a Specific Day
It is often necessary to roster additional roles to a specific day. To do this:
- Click and drag the role directly over the lower most rostered shift on that day.
- Release the mouse button to add the new role
- A single role is added to that day. This can be repeated as required.