In addition to your regular STP submissions you will also need to declare your final figures to the ATO for the end of year.
This process will enable your employees access to their PAYG information through their MyGov accounts.
Important Note: Prior to running this process we strongly recommend following the EOFY and PAYG Summaries article in order to prepare and reconcile your information for the period.
To submit your EOFY though STP please follow the steps below.
- Select to open the STP Wizard
- The Single Touch Payroll Wizard will then show, from there you will need to select the following options
- Employee Update - This will allow you to update all employees within the financial year, not just the ones processed through a recent payroll.
- ABN - You will need to submit each individual ABN separately, please select the one that you wish to report for here
- Year Ending - You will need to specify which year that you intend to finalize here
Important note: after the 01/07 each year this will default to the new financial year.
- Final Payroll Indicator - This checkbox is used to advise the ATO that you intend on finalizing the selected employees for the selected financial year, if this is unchecked all that will occur is your employee's YTD amounts will be updated as per their current balances and they will remain active.
When ready click Next to continue.
- If the Final Payroll Indicator has been ticked you should see the following prompt
Click Yes to continue with the STP submission.
- The next screen will show the listing of employees that the submission will include, You will need to check this listing and exclude any that are not valid for the current STP submission. and then Click Next to continue.
- The system will then run it's calculation checks for the employees YTD balances and RSEC and report to you if it finds any issues,
if an issue is identified then it will be shown on the screen and you can double click on it and the system will take you to the cause and allow you to correct it.
Once all issues have been resolved click Next to continue.
- The Submission screen will then show where you declare that the information that you are submitting is correct and valid
to proceed click the Submit button to proceed. and indicate Yes to the confirmation box that will appear on the screen.
- If this has processed successfully you will see a Submission Complete screen.
Click Finish and you have successfully lodged your STP information for the financial year.
As an additional step after submitting a STP item you should check your Single Touch Payroll Messages in the Message Center to confirm that your STP submissions have been processed successfully. Please be aware that the response process for this is with the ATO and their processing times can vary from anywhere between 2 hours to 2-3 days.