Geo-fencing can be setup as a default address and perimeter via the Location Manager or you can set a specific location on a single timesheet or disable it.
Setting up a Geo-fence for a specific shift
NOTE: If a time sheet already has actual times recorded against it you will not be able to edit the geo-fencing information.
- Open up the Timesheets window
- Create a new timesheet or double click on an exiting timesheet to edit the information
- In the timesheets, window click on the Map icon
- This will open up the Map with the default address and perimeter already set. From here you can:
- Click on the Clear button to remove the geo-fencing for this shift
- Edit the Address and Max Distance radius
- Once changes click on Ok to save
Now that this timesheets geo-fence has been setup, depending on the employees security role, the employee can now clock on and off at a different location to the main site location.
- For more information on what the employee will see when Clocking on and off using the ClockOn Go app see: Attendance - Clocking Shift Times.
- For more information on what happens to the timesheets please see: Shift Operations - Editing the Geo-Fence for a specific shift