For the JobKeeper Setup Guide click here.
The ATO has advised that the JobKeeper program is to be extended past the 28th of September through to the 28th March 2021, we recommend that you refer to the following ATO JobKeeper Payment and the JobKeeper extension links for more information as to ensure your eligibility for the additional payments. Past that we recommend that you contact the ATO if you need further clarification or assistance.
Key Points Regarding the Payment Extension
- For employees that are no longer eligible for the JobKeeper program please be sure to set the end date as the first period that the employee will no longer receive payments. For an example of this please see the JobKeeper FAQ guide.
- There are two separate extension periods, that have different payment rules.
- Extension 1: from 28 September 2020 to 3 January 2021
- Extension 2: from 4 January 2021 to 28 March 2021
- Two separate payment Tiers have been introduced.
These are assessed based on the average number of hours that the employee has worked within a period.
- Eligible employees who worked for 80 hours or more in the four weeks of pay periods before either 1 March 2020 or 1 July 2020, and
- Eligible business participants who were actively engaged in the business for 80 hours or more in February and provide a declaration to that effect.
- Any other eligible employees and eligible business participants.
- Employees on this program must be paid a minimum (before-tax) amount per fortnight, during the relevant extension period as per the following.
Tier 1 Tier 2 JobKeeper Extension Period 1 $1,200 $750 JobKeeper Extension Period 2 $1,000 $650
It is important for employers to note the changes to the payment amounts depending on the Tier that the employee qualifies for, as it will affect the reimbursement payment.
Changes Within ClockOn
The following changes have been made on the Employee Details - Categories / Dates screen, to ClockOn to allow for the above.
- The number of available JobKeeper dates has been increased to allow for the additional periods.
This has been updated on both the Start and End dates as shown below.
- A new field for the Tier level has been added to allow employers to set the level of JobKeeper extension payments for STP purposes.
These changes have been implemented as of ClockOn Build 312 if you are unsure whether your system has updated we recommend viewing the knowledge base article Confirming your ClockOn Version and Build.