Useful update related articles
- Confirming your ClockOn Version and Build
Manually Updating ClockOn
Version 5.0.0, Build 317 - Release date 20/10/2020
- New ruleset penalty condition
Added a new penalty condition to cater to the Nurses Award 2010 (29.1 Shift penalties) to allow for afternoon shifts where the penalty rate only applies if a rostered shift end passes the set time.
- Penalty (Shift Starts - Shift Ends After)
- Loading (Shift Starts - Shift Ends After)
The following example will pay employees a penalty rate of an additional 12.5% Monday to Friday if they
1. Start their shift on or after midday.
2. Finish the shift on or after 6 pm.
- In the example above if the employee's shift finishes prior to 6 pm they will not receive this penalty.
- The penalty applies only if the employee's shift time meets the requirements, if the employee clocks their times outside of this condition and it needs to be applied then their rostered times will need to be adjusted to apply the penalty.
- Payroll filter by departments.
Fixed the payroll screen to allow the sorting of employees by their default departments from the payroll screen.
Version 5.0.0, Build 315 - Release date 14/10/2020
- Important - New tax tables for the 2020-21 financial year.
The ATO has released the details for the new tax schedules for the 2020-21 financial year. These new tax schedules will be automatically applied to payroll.
- Fixed an issue with the leave loading calculation.
Fixed a calculational issue with the leave loading option to compare weekend penalty rates against the leave loading percentage.
- Fixed an issue with the periodic OT days calculation.
Fixed an issue that caused the periodic overtime to fail if timesheets were created out of sequence.
- Improvements to the ClockOn Launching process.
Removed the flickering effect users see when an update is being downloaded.
Fixed an issue that allowed the user to use an older build to connect to a newer database build.
Version 5.0.0, Build 314 - Release date 29/09/2020
- Fixed an issue with the super thresholding.
Fixed an issue with the super thresholding for payrolls where the end date and payment date do not share the same month.
- Fixed an issue with the timesheet import.
Corrected an issue with the timesheet import where the times were not importing in some circumstances where departments were not specified.
- Updated the tax-free calculation for the redundancy calculation.
Added the tax-free redundancy calculation for the 2020-21 financial year, as per the ATO's documentation.
- Improvements to the registration and activation system.
Version 5.0.0, Build 312 - Release date 22/09/2020
- Added new features changes for the JobKeeper extensions.
For a guide regarding the necessary changes for the JobKeeper program, please see the JobKeeper Extension Payments article.
- Fixed an issue with the feature to clock on/off to the employee's working week
Corrected an issue that prevented the auto-shift generation of an employee's shift when clocking on if the employee already had a shift on either side of the day in question.
- Fixed an issue with the annual leave loading calculation
Issue identified and fixed to ensure that employees that have annual leave and also have time-in-lieu enabled, receive the correct amount of leave loading.
- Fixes to the importing of breaks
An issue has been found and fixed where on some occasions breaks were being imported on the wrong days causing the break to be considered as an extended period of time. This caused issues preventing the opening of the timesheets for the employee as well as payroll generation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the saving roster layouts for new employees
This fix corrects the issue where users were seeing a "Duplicate Key on LayOut00" error when trying to save the screen layout within the roster screen.
- Modifications to the round down based on salary hours ruleset option
Changes to use the individual working week days, rather than the full week for the round-down to salaried hours ruleset option for salaried staff.
- Fixes relating to ClockOn GO (release date may vary depending on app store restrictions)
- Modified the user login data storage and process to limit issues where users are logged out or settings are lost.
- Fixed issue where users were able to clock times during load, despite security options to prevent them access to this.
- Fixed issue where breaks were being aligned incorrectly on the import of offline logs.
- Updates to the display of leave and its departments on the roster list
- Update to the employee entitlements screen to display LSL in weeks or hours as per the ClockOn ruleset options
- Corrected issues around the messaging screen and confirming/declining system
- General improvements to the local storage save/load
- Improvements to the shift/break duration timers on the attendance screen
- Display speed improvements for the attendance start/stop buttons
- Various UI fixes on the attendance page
Version 5.0.0, Build 308 - Release date 01/07/2020
- Urgent - Issue Fixed Where Employee YTD figures for the 2020-21 year are being assigned to 2019-20.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are meet
1. A payroll had an end date within the previous financial year AND
2. The payroll was processed on or after 01/07/2020.
If affected, customers will need to roll back the affected payrolls and re-process them to correct this issue.
- Various Updates to the STP Submissions
Updates to accommodate new ATO security requirements for Micro customers.
Version 5.0.0, Build 306 - Release date 10/06/2020
- Urgent - Critical changes to STP. This update needs to be applied prior to the first payroll in the new year.
Due to updates to STP, this build needs to be applied prior to the first submission in the new financial year to ensure that your records are submitted correctly.
- Enabled 2020 EOFY and Updated Tax tables
New tax tables added in preparation for the 2020-2021 financial year.
- Consolidation of Obsolete Tax Schedules
Consolidated the tax categories for Financial Support, HECS, and HELP due to the changes relating to the government's changes for the "Study and Training Support Loans" education assistance package.
- System Preparation for Xero Integration
Updated ClockOn in preparation for the XERO Payroll Journal integration feature (currently in Beta).
If you would like to register to be a part of this process please click here to express your interest.
Version 5.0.0, Build 304 - Release date 20/04/2020
- Added new fields for the JobKeeper start and finish period dates
New fields for JobKeeper have been added to the Employee Details form on Category and Dates tab to allow users to quickly set this value without the need for an additional allowance.
- Added a new allowance Type "JobKeeper Allowance"
The allowance and deductions screen now shows a new type labeled "JobKeeper Allowance". This is used to preset the specific values that the ATO requires for this type with the exception to the specific amount and whether the employee selects to pay super on this payment.
For more information on these changes please view the JobKeeper Payments article on our knowledge base.
Version 5.0.0, Build 302 - Release date 06/04/2020
- Added the "Stand Down" leave type
There is now an additional leave type added to the system to allow customers to stand down employees where they are still entitled to accrue leave during this time. For more detail on this please view the help guide below
Stand Down Leave.
- Change to the default setting "Allow Non-Rostered Clock on/off" for new employees
The option "Allow Non-Rostered Clock on/off" option is now on by default when creating a new employee
- Backend fixes for STP.
Version 5.0.0, Build 301 - Release date 13/02/2020
- Fixed system lockup issue on the employee details screen
This release contains a fix to prevent the re-occurrence of the "AdmRst" error that some users have reported on opening the Employee details screen.
- Behind the scenes improvements to the MYOB integration system.
Version 5.0.0, Build 300 - Release date 13/01/2020
- Registration and license limit changes
This release introduces a change to modify the operation of the licensing system within the product.
The license buffer of 5 additional users above the purchased limit has been removed and replaced with a one time access to features such as payroll after this point the increase to the registration count is required to continue.
If you are over your license limit you will now see the following message at payroll
From there you can either contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Increase button on the above prompt and completed the details on the Increase Employee Licences webpage to arrange for an adjustment to your license count.
If you would like to review your listing of employed staff you can run a Licence Count report, please view the guide below on how to generate this report.
Running the Licence Count Report
- Corrected an issue with the payment of shift-based overtime after midnight
Timesheets that meet the requirement for shift-based overtime and had a break that falls after midnight where paying incorrectly as time after the break was being considered as normal time.